Monday 12 August 2013

in the blink of an eye

Life can change in the blink of an eye.
One minute you're a happy family. You blink, and all of a sudden it's a broken home.
Blink and you're 3,000 miles away from everything. Your comfort zone.
Blink again and you have a new baby and overwhelming joy.
Blink and it's the 'C' word. Blink and it's gone.
I'm amazed at all the times I have blinked and life has changed so drastically.
All the times I have opened and closed my eyes I never imagined being stuck in a chair.
Can't walk. Hell, can't move. Pain is everywhere. Ribs, arms, back, knee, leg.
I have experienced pain before.
I've experienced loss.
I've had my life turned upside down so many times I have forgotten which way is up.
But I still never imagined being stuck in a wheelchair. Can't stand up, can't roll over, can't breathe, can't go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment